Saturday, August 10, 2024

PIVOT!

 So, we got another phone call and surgery has been rescheduled...again (I think this is the 4th time now). The hospital called on Wednesday and let us know that they had an opening and are able to move surgery UP to August 23rd. Immediately, my brain went into overdrive trying to think of everything we have scheduled and coming up. The biggest thing is everyone starting school on the 19th and all the Fall sports starting back right now. When I was talking it through with a friend I was in mild panic mode trying to think of everything that I had to get organized and planned out. She reminded me that I am the Queen of pivoting and adapting and it will all be fine. I think there could be some truth to that. The big picture though is August 23rd makes everything a whole lot easier. The next two weeks are going to fly by with how busy things already are, so I know we will need to remind ourselves to slow down and relax. Please just pray that everyone stays healthy the next two weeks and no more surprise scheduling mishaps. 

If you know me even a little, you know I am a huge Friends fan, so being called the Queen of Pivoting makes me smile a little extra. This scene from the show is funny on it's own, but the bloopers are even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment