Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dear Brody

Dear Brody,

Tomorrow is the big day; we finally get to meet you! We have been praying for this day ever since the day we got married and I can't wait to hold you in my arms and press my cheek to yours. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with you, your whole life played out in my mind. I imagined giving birth to you, bringing you home, your first step, your first day of school, your graduation, your wedding and even you becoming a parent yourself. I was instantly filled with so much excitement for everything you would bring to our lives. You haven't even entered this world yet, but yet you have brought us so much joy. I know your Daddy is anxiously waiting to share anything and everything sports related with you. I will tell you this though, it is completely up to you whether you call yourself a Packers fan or Texans fan. He has so much to teach you and I pray that you turn out to be just like him because he is amazing.

As a new family, we  have quite the journey ahead of us, but together we will get through it. We are a strong family of fighters that never quit and I know you will fit right in. When you get here, we need you to fight like hell (yes, Mommy said hell). I know the strength that you have because I have felt you kicking and moving around in my tummy for quite some time now and I pray that you recognize your strength early on. You are a precious gift from God and I can't wait to teach you about all His glory and everything He has shown us through you. There are so many people out there that have been talking to God about you and praying for you. From family and friends to complete strangers, you have enlightened so many people and shown them how wonderful our God is. You are a special baby boy and I will spend every breath I have making sure you always know that and thank God every day for the sweet blessing that you are.

I love you baby boy and can't wait to start our life together.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment