Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pursuit of Happiness


It is no secret that this hasn’t been the easiest of pregnancies. It has been filled with lots of anxiety, uncertainty and tears. Though physically I feel like it has been the easiest pregnancy ever (not that I have anything to compare it to), but emotionally and mentally it has been the craziest roller coaster ride. Recently, two very special ladies have given me some very special pregnancy memories that at the beginning of this journey I didn’t know if I would get to have.

First, our good family friend Heather, who grew up with us more like a sister, came into town to take some maternity pictures in-between taking finals and graduating from A&M with her nursing degree (If you listen real close, you can hear that whooping sound those Aggies like to make so bad).  It was a chance to be able to settle back and have some fun with the pregnancy and enjoy it. The pictures turned out beautiful and created a wonderful set of memories for us to look back on and remember the joy that this pregnancy has brought. Thank you Heather for this most special gift.
A few of my favorite







Secondly, my sister Stacy threw me an amazing baby shower. Back at the beginning when we were diagnosed with the Cystic Hygroma, I told her I didn’t want a baby shower because of all the uncertainties.  As the pregnancy progressed, things started to change. We were able to rule out genetic defects which was a huge hurdle and the Cystic Hygroma started to decrease (there isn’t anything there to measure anymore)! Though we are looking at quite a few issues with the heart and basically looking at heart reconstruction at this point, the Dr.s still seem hopeful that though it will be a long journey, it can be a successful one. We went and registered at Babies R US which was a little overwhelming. We don’t know exactly what we are looking at in terms of a hospital stay to know what size diapers to wear and what size clothes we will need, but overall it was fun to get to pick out some of the bigger items we know we will need. My shower was held this past Saturday and it was beautiful. There was green and yellow everywhere which are the colors of our nursery (and coincidently the colors of the Greenbay Packers).  We had a great turnout of family and friends and we received some really great gifts. It’s no secret this is going to be one spoiled little boy. It was a really pleasant day. I was worried leading up to it that I was going to be overwhelmed and emotional the whole time, but I wasn’t. It was a wonderful day full of happiness and joy. The topic of the day didn’t rest on complications or surgeries, but rather how big my belly has gotten. The whole day was another great way for me to sit back and enjoy my pregnancy. Thank you Stacy for an amazing shower full of so much love and excitement.

Both of these events have brought me so much joy and has made me even more excited for our little guy to get here. Thank you again ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment