Friday, June 7, 2013

Center of Attention!

Things with Baby Bish have gotten exciting again! Tuesday I was scheduled for an ultrasound, non-stress test and OB appointment. I went for my ultrasound and baby looked great. He was wiggling, heart rate was good, there wasn't any fluid in his chest like before and he had grown. He was still measuring about 3 weeks off, but as long as he's growing we are good. I left the ultrasound and went down the hall for my non-stress test. Here they hook me up to monitors and listen to the heart rate, monitor contractions and document his movement. I had been there about 20 minutes and the nurse came in and had me roll to the side because he seemed to be sleeping. About 5 or 10 minutes later 2 nurses rushed in and started messing with his monitor. His heart rate had dipped for about a minute without correcting itself. Once he stabilized they called in a dr and after talking to my OB thy decided to send me for additional monitoring. I was on the monitor for another couple of hours and though his heart rate seemed stable they decided they were going to keep me overnight for monitoring. It was a rather uneventful night, but about lunch time on Wednesday Trey and I were sitting around and about 6 nurses rushed into the room.  They were turning me on my side, re-positioning me and putting me on oxygen to get his heart rate back up. They finally got things where they needed to be. Pretty scary. When my OB came by for rounds that evening he said they were going to keep me on continuous monitoring and wanted him to go 48 hours without a dip. Long story short we seem to be having dips every 12-18 hours. I had another echo of the heart today and overall things looked good there. No new issues and the heart was functioning normal. It's not a change in the heart that is causing the dip in hs heart rate. So at this point we are still supposed to go 48 hours so I will be on constant monitoring through the weekend. At this point I would rather just stay on the monitor the rest of the pregnency. There is no telling when his heart rate could dip and not come back up and if that happens at home when I'm not on a monitor it could be really bad. So being confined to the bed hooked up to monitors is where I will stay at this point. We are hoping and praying we can keep him in here as long as possible. The cardiologist is hoping we make it to 37 weeks (I'm 35 weeks tomorrow)to try a decrease respitory complications. Other than these sparatic dips, he is doing great. The doctors and nurses says he looks to be doing beautifully and is fine overall. So as always we are still asking for prayers for our little guy. We have a few more weeks on this part of the journey and once he's here it will be a whole new ball game.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to catch up in a while but looks like you've made it! Hope all is well with you and Trey and baby Bish. Keep up the faith and keep loving that little baby. Much luck with the birth...it's coming SOON.

    ReplyDelete