Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Amnio, Take Two... Action!


We had our appointment today for our second attempt at the amnio. Overall everything went well. Our baby wouldn’t cooperate yet again with the ultrasound tech and was being quite difficult. He was always moving around, but when she needed to turn a certain way for a better angle, he would jerk in the opposite direction. His heart rate was still awesome, but there is still an indication that there could be a heart defect. The CH has not grown which is good and is looking smaller as baby gets bigger. They said a lot of times babies just grow into their CHs. As we are getting the different images we couldn’t help but laugh because the only clear image the baby would cooperate with was of his boy parts. He’s quite proud and wants to make sure everyone can see at all times. We were able to do the amnio and the doctor was quite excited. She joked that with all the less invasive techniques out there she doesn’t get to do many procedures and loves to do amnioes. I laughed at her and said I felt like I was on an episode of Grey’s Anatomy where all the doctors were fighting over the different procedures and surgeries. The procedure itself went smooth. It was a different kind of feeling. It wasn’t quite pain, but just a weird pressure. Baby was completely unaffected by the procedure. When we checked his heart rate at the end it was the exact same, so he didn’t have any stress over it. When we finished we both had to do blood work that way if something did show up in the results they could compare it to our blood samples and try and figure out where it came from.  Trey was not thrilled and I never realized how much he hated being poked with needles. He told the nurse that he couldn’t complain too much because of everything I have been through. I walked into the room and he looked nervous. I smiled at him and said they just stuck a needle through my stomach so I think he could handle it. All in all a good day. With every appointment we grow more at peace and more hopeful that everything will be ok. God is definitely doing amazing things in our lives and in our faith. We have another appointment scheduled for 2 weeks where we will do a full anatomy scan where they will take all kinds of measurements of baby and the different bones. They did that a little the last time and it’s fun to see all the parts. Two weeks after that we will go for the fetal echo for more information on the heart. We will find out exactly what the issue is and what the game plan will be moving forwards. As always we are asking for God’s continued protection over our baby and his healing grace. There is great comfort knowing that all this is in His hands.
This was taken right after the amnio. He is hiding his face behind his hand.
(I joked that he was pouting from the procedure)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Amber, I'm Bernadette (Bern) one of Trey's peers from El Paso Texas and have been emotionally investing in your story from day one. I too have had to go thru the ups and downs of infertility for different reasons. I'm so glad to read your story, I cried and smiled while reading your posts so far. I was reminded of all the emotions I experienced through my attempts at pregnancy, my one miscarriage, my twin pregnancy (yeah TWO kids thru the miracle of IVF), and finally the birth of my beautiful Sydney and Elliot. I know how it feels to look around and see all the pregnant women and want soooo very badly to just be "normal and pregnant" without a care in the world. We are special and it just goes to show HOW MUCH we really want to be Mommies. So I know you already LOVE baby boy Bish and want to meet him so very soon. I'm glad to see you have an intense faith in God and His plan and are comforted by it. I'm not the praying type so I've been sending you guys all the positive energy I can and thinking of you often. And yes, try not to focus on the sad part, he will feel it and I believe I read a study on pregnant women who were depressed give birth to children that were more prone to depression or sadness so be happy and enjoy the good stuff. I know it is VERY hard but focus your energy on him and Trey, who loves you to no end, and your faith that all will be well. This blog is a super idea and it is a form of stress relief so keep doing it. I love reading the positive updates. Rest and take care of yourself and that lovely little guy you are growing. I am always here if you want to talk reproductively challenged issues. I think I would understand more than most out there. Berncone@gmail.com. Sending your family much love.

    ReplyDelete