Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Halfway There!


We have made it to 20 weeks and are excited that we have made it to the halfway point. We started this journey not knowing if we would make it this far, but God has answered our prayers. Every day I thank God for another day with our baby. I have started to feel him move around which brings a smile to my face every time I feel it. I can’t wait for Trey to be able to feel our baby. Some good friends of ours let us borrow their fetal doppler so now we are able to listen to the heartbeat whenever we want. I have to say, it is a little addicting to have that joy at our fingertips. There is so much comfort in being able to check on him whenever we feel the urge and we have even been able to share it with family.

We went in for our level II anatomy scan today and overall were given good news. The CH was still there, but the doctor didn’t even mention it. He took another look at the heart and said we were moving in the right direction. Last time he saw us (16wks) it looked like there was a hole in all 4 chambers of the heart. Today, it looked as if there was a tiny hole only in the bottom chamber of the heart. The dr said often times these will close up on their own before delivery or they can be treated once the baby is born. Good news, but still some uncertainty. We will get more information on this in a couple of weeks when we meet with the fetal cardiologist. A couple of the baby’s measurements were still a little on the short side, but the doctor is not concerned with it. He said the baby is still growing and they aren’t that far off, so baby might just be a little on the small side. So, looks like he takes after me. We are still waiting on the results of our amnio because they ended up having to grow some of the cells. We should have more information on that as well in a couple of weeks.  These next couple of weeks are going to be full of information and I ask God to help us understand everything that comes our way.

Apparently all along we were supposed to be going to see our regular OB for checkups on me. (I have been in doctor’s offices every two weeks or so for the last 2 months, when would there have been time for me? Isn’t that how it goes when you have kids, there is never time for yourself anymore? J)  I called and explained everything to my OB and they want me in Thursday. It seems as though there was a communication somewhere which is understandable given the circumstances.  In all reality, I only missed my 16 week check up with them, so hopefully everything works out the way it should.  

All in all, our appointment was filled with hope. We are still a little nervous about getting too comfortable, but things are definitely looking up. We will now be on an every 4 week schedule with Texas Children’s until delivery. Yes, the doctor actually mentioned delivery! Please continue to pray for Baby Bish, God is listening and doing amazing things through our baby.  
 Right when she put the probe on my belly for a side view he turned his head to look at us. To be completely honest though, kinda looks like an alien :)

 Legs- Loos like Pinochio
 
Tiny foot (It looked better on the monitor)
 
Ting fingers waving at us.
 
I am overwhlemed with how much love I already have for this little guy. Every time I see him on the screen I think he is just the cutest thing ever!. 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment