Saturday, February 2, 2013

It's a ..........


Back when we did that first round of blood work for the genetic testing we were able to find out the gender of Baby Bish. Our genetics counselor called to give us the results of the blood work and we got the all clear on the 4 main disorders we were testing for and were pleased with that news. She asked if we wanted to know the gender and I told her we did. Prior to diagnosis of the CH we had said we wanted to do a big gender reveal party in which we found out with the rest of the people at the party. Because of all the fertility treatments, most people knew we were trying and were expecting to hear news that we were pregnant. So there was no real surprise factor when we announced we were finally pregnant, so we wanted to make the gender reveal a big deal. That was going to be the first surprise to reveal.  After the diagnosis and the fight for our baby’s life began, all of that took a back seat and became less important. What was important to us now was the fight. I always planned on Trey and I being together and sharing a moment of finding out the gender together. Well now I was on the phone with the counselor and Trey was still at work. I froze and didn’t quite know what to do. I told her we wanted to know, but I didn’t know if Trey would want us to find out together or if he would be ok with me telling him. I think I more so wanted us to find out together. She said she would be there for a few more hours doing paperwork and I could call her back if we wanted. I called Trey to tell him we had the results of the blood work and he asked if it was good news or bad news. More like, do I need to rush home or can I finish what I am working on. I told him the news was the best we could ask for at this point and then went into specifics. I mentioned she knew the gender and we decided to conference call her so we could both be on the line. She told us and it was somewhat of an awkward moment. We were going to be excited either way and Trey said all that mattered at this point was that we get Baby here.

I used to make fun of my sister when she was pregnant with her kids because she would always say she had a gut feeling to what the gender of her kids was; like it was mother’s intuition. I laughed and made fun of her and told her she was full of it. Shortly after we found out we were pregnant and when I started to think about it, I had that gut feeling as to what we were having and I turned out to be right. I guess at the end of the day I had a 50/50 chance of being right.

After finding out the gender, I feel like things were harder. It made us that much more emotionally attached to our baby. With still so many unanswered questions, that was scary. I feel like with every appointment and with everything we find out about baby, we get that much more attached. Now, with every day that passes, I feel like we are one day closer to getting to meet our little one and start a life together.
 
Oh Yeah, did I mention IT'S A BOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Amber! I've been praying for you. I am so happy for you and Trey.

    ReplyDelete